Lots of fun with a wide variety of Continuous Provision activities including:
- Main playroom with a separate quiet area comprising of our ‘Discovery Den’ and Book Corner.
- Self-selection of activities including small world toys, farms, dolls house, dressing up, train sets, cars and castles.
- Early phonics and sounds resources, puzzles and games.
- Play dough and Sensory play.
- Gross Motor play – Bikes, trikes, scooters, balancing ‘skoo-gym’ and hobby horses.
- See-saws, tunnels and slides.
- Sand and water play.
- Outdoor grass area with separate outdoor learning garden space with soft pore all-weather flooring , Mud Kitchen, Fairy Garden, vegetable garden and fruit and herb planters.
- Creative art area with self-selection from a variety of resources which can be adapted to meet children with additional needs.
We have a high staff ratios and all staff are fully qualified and continue with professional development. A Key person is selected for each each child who acts as a main point of contact for the family, and will monitor and report on development, using online Learning Journey software.
Children learn through play, with themes based on their current interests. Our friendly staff treat children as individuals: observing, supporting and extending their learning to their Next Steps.
- Parents can access their child’s online Learning Journey: adding comments on observations and photos.
- Daily display boards at our entrance, providing news and information for you.
- Events throughout the year for you to participate in (sports day, fun days, tea parties, nativities).
- Opportunities to become involved in the sessions and with the committee.
- Key-worker meetings to discuss your child’s progress .
- Monthly newsletters.
- A closed/private Facebook page strictly for current parents/Carers, providing details of communications and updates on what’s coming up.
- A private ‘chat’ page strictly for current parents/Carers to share ideas and become part of the Fairview preschool ‘community’.